Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Saturday, October 27, 2012
A couple of weekends ago, a friend and I went to check out a new cafe that had popped up close to where we used to live. Sidewalk is cute and super cheap! Only downside for me was that the food came out on paper trays. But the coffee was good and there are lots of great cookbooks just lying around for browsing. Will definitely be going back!
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Things have been a bit full on the last couple of weeks. My sister has spent a long stint in hospital, my flatmate did a runner without paying rent and some other more personal stuff has just been a bit too much. I fell apart briefly today, started to cry and there was a knock on the door. I attempted to pull myself together and answered the door to find this poor sales guy who launched into a pitch despite my red blotchy teary appearance. I quickly got rid of him (he was selling a power company that we are already with) but afterwards I had to laugh. The poor guy had probably never had a crying girl open the door before. And I'm taking a really deep breath and trying to remember its only going to get better. Looking toward the sunshine :)
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Monday, September 24, 2012
This Saturday we set off for a hike in the Waitakere Ranges. Halfway there we decided to head to Whatipu, which is one scary drive but so worth it at the end!
I don't think these photos really do justice to the beautiful untouched natural beauty that this place holds. Neither can my words really. All I can say is if you ever get a chance, visit. Its absolutely magic.
Lunch was had in the grassy dunes on the beach sheltered from the wind. I was so relaxed I even managed a snooze in the sun afterwards. Uni was the last thing on my mind and it really felt like I had escaped the city without going too far. I felt so lucky to be living in such a beautiful country!
Friday, September 21, 2012
1. Something I am very proud of is at the moment I'm proud that my workplace is sending me to a conference in another city next month. It sounds silly but it is the first time I've had to travel for my career and I hope it is the start of exciting things to come.
2. My favorite thing about myself is my positive attitude. I can pick myself from all kinds of situations and make the best of them. I know that sounds a bit obnoxious but making the best of things has literally saved my life in the past.
3. My favorite color for fall is maroon.
4. Something I've been learning lately is that I need to balance to be at my best. I don't operate well under extremes.
5. A book I am reading now/have read recently is The Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif. Its really nice escapism.
6. My favorite Pandora Station is uh this must not be a thing in New Zealand because I have no idea what it is...
Join in here